Sunday, February 19, 2017


Sometimes a piece of fabric on its own is pretty enough. This picture shows 7 canvasses each 4"x4"just wrapped in rusted fabric. I ordered more canvasses of this size as I intend to wrap 16 in total and hang these in a grid on one of my walls. Have to check if I have enough interesting rusted fabric otherwise I have to create some more. Simple and pretty :-)

Saturday, February 04, 2017


My studio is not yet arranged as I want it, but there was space enough to start creating again :-). I do not remember anymore how I made this background, but I used bubblewrap to discharge the small circles. It needed a bit more, so yesterday I grapped some of my small bottles of Lumiere paint and started drawing circles on it. Now the fabric looks like this:

I think it is ready to sandwich it and start quilting.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Book is published!

I have not blogged for several months, and there were a multitude of reasons for that. One of them was that I did not want to talk about the book before it was finished. Finally I can reveal this secret :-)
Together with my friend Kelly L. Hendrickson we wrote an e-book about a new fabric surface design technique using gunpowder. Yes, you read this correctly: gunpowder! If you are interested, here is the link where you can buy it:

  I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.  

Friday, July 29, 2016

Malachite detail

Here is a detail photo of the quilt I am working on now. The fusing, quilting and facing has been done so now it is time for the beads. This will take quite some time as I intend to stitch on lots and lots of seed beads.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Gold vein

And here is my 2nd quilt for the theme Treasures. This time my inspiration came from a gold vein. No hand dyed fabrics this time, but all commercial ones. Size is 17"x24".

Friday, July 08, 2016


For Voyage this year's theme is Treasures. It took me quite some time before I found an interesting take on this theme, but finally I settles for precious stones and metal. Here is the first quilt I made, called Turquoise:

I used my own hand dyed fabrics for this, covered with a layer of zapped lutrador. Size is 17"x24". I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday blog. Take a look there to see what other artist did.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

eco dyeing

In the 70ties I dyed my own hand spun wool with plants, but since then I have not done any eco dyeing till this week. For these 4 bundles I used pieces of copper wire and sticks of black walnut to wrap the fabric around. Placed leaves and flowers on the fabric, rolled it and and wrapped everything with cotton thread. I did this while I was still in the US. Packed these bundles into my suitcase and cooked everything yesterday with some iron sulfate.  This morning I took the bundles out off the cooking pan and this is how they looked: 

After rinsing and ironing the fabric looks like this:

Some prints are interesting, others not so. My guess is that I used too many layers of leaves/flowers. Some leaves/flowers were sumak, black walnut, astilbe, clover, geranium and lily. Aiming for better result next time.